Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Calendar Journal Challenge- February




Sooooo...... I finished the calendar challenge for January and it was pretty awesome. I waited just a wee bit too long to start on February's page and then had approximately 5 hours of toddler whining today (I know you think I'm exxagerating on this point, but I'm not) and was a tad stressed over it, BUT I got it done. The image transfer came out a little fuzzy, but I still like it overall, and, did I mention it's DONE. And it's still the 1st. Yippee. I made it as bright as I possibly could because I have no love for February. Cold, dark and fortunately short. So I thought I would cheer myownself up a little every time I opened it. I you want to see where I got this awesome idea, check out The Kathryn Wheel- so inspiring!

13 comments:

  1. Laura your pages look amazing! January with the wavy line of journal blocks looks great all filled in and I love the colour scheme of February - a lovely splash of colour for a usually grey month (except for Valentines day of course!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the feb page and the image transfer is great! Your Jan page looks Fab, love the curved strip you used instead of squares x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Jan blocks - like a game board I may try that! And Feb looks very bright and cheery. And no I don't think you are exagerating re toddler whining - I totally get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh January is fabulous all filled in - I love your style of journaling on each day. Feb looks gorgeous and colourful. Well done for creating that in the midst of toddler whining! My two are 8 and 10 now, but I remember the toddler days like it was yesterday!! Thanks for joining the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pages. Your Jan page is just wonderful love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pages....I made February bright as well to counteract those dull, dismal days!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm guessing you don't like the cold much?! Your Feb page came out beautifully. Hope Feb is kind to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the flow of the Jan. pages. Both calendars are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the snowmen so cute, lovely colours .

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning work, you have a really beautiful and artistc style.... Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how your finished January page came out. It is so eye catching! And the color palette for February, well the whole spread really, is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love your pages. S x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colors are mahvelous! I'm a huge fan of orange/pink and love the way this turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ...please feel free to say hi!