Saturday, January 24, 2015

Marjie Kemper's Class at The Ink Pad

  I was just going through some photos and realized I am wayyyyy behind on blogging about classes I've attended in the past year.(actually I haven't blogged about hardly any classes, oops- So I'm starting with this fun and colorful one) Last February I attended a class tought by Marjie Kemper at the Ink Pad in New York. Here's a link to her blog post about the class- Sunday at the Ink Pad. If you scroll down to class photos, you can see me in the checkered apron. :) Her first class was a called Melt Art Madness, which looked fantastic, but unfortunately I was unable to make it. (I did however take a class from Suze Weinberg back in 2009 called Goddess Utee which was awesome, and by the way, the first class I EVER took at Art-is-You. What a way to start my journey! I never knew how much you could do with Utee )  I took the Demystifying Distress Stains and Dylusions Ink Spray Inks with Marjie. What I love about her work is the way she uses bright vibrant color and just the right touches of black to make the colors pop. She's a patient teacher, gives great demonstrations and was kind enough to share her large selection of rubber stamps and supplies. We had so much inky fun! I finished a lot of pages at the class, but had made so many backgrounds that I finished it at home with my little one as helper (studio assistant?)

Here's a pic of  Marjie's class samples- amazing- (used with Marjie's permission)

And here's a shot of all the class attendees- notice our smiles- I'm in front with the checkered apron. On the far left are Pamala and Karen- two regular Ink Pad class attendees and wonderful ladies and artists. 




And finally, one of me- hard at work- notice the amount of inks, stamps, sprays and who knows what else surrounding me- I'm in the zone here!  (Thanks Marjie for letting me use your pics!)


And here's my book- all done! Love looking at all the fun colors and textures.














With my 'studio assistant' at home.




3 comments:

  1. Your book is fab and so is your helper. Thanks for the shout-out, Laura. I hope we cross paths again in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your art Laura, you are very talented!! I remember I even asked you at the class if I could take some photos of the pieces you where working on!! They were so awesome!! And you have the cutest studio 'assistant' ever!! Hope we get to take a class together again real soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam- yes- I remember now that asked me about taking pictures. I love attending any class you are in- your willingness, friendliness and creativity are always inspiring. And thank you- I love my assistant- she finds a way to work on almost every single piece I make!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ...please feel free to say hi!