Friday, December 3, 2010

Top Hat Derby Hop





Kecia, over at Lemoncholy's Studio is hosting this awesome blog hop! I've never done one before and I just found out about it today, so I am posting about an altered cupie doll I did for my first Art-Is-You event. The theme was Taking Tea with Alice so I decided to transform my cupie into an 'Alice at the Masked Ball'. (funny story about the cupie- she just showed up in my mailbox with absolutely no explanation-I just figured that she had to be from my new art friends. Suze Weinberg's traveled around the world with her, although she never did quite got dressed, but that's another story) Anyhoooo, when I saw this top hat challenge, I thought she would fit right in. I'm actually quite jealous of her since I've been scouring etsy late at night looking for a top hat of my own. Oh, and the hair is needle felted wool a la Marie Antoinette. Thank you Kecia for hosting- it was so much fun!

7 comments:

  1. thanks for playing along - your kewpie doll fits right in with her lovely altered hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH!! Laura!! Love your masked Alice with the top hat!!! How adorable! Thank you for sharing her!! ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little top hat you've made! I wanted to make a bazillion little hats-- but time got away from me. You've inspired me to make some little ones now!
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think I'm going to make more of these- this one was made with miniature playing cards, but for the next ones, I'm not sure.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie! I love love love your blog. I can't beleive it took me so long to find you , so now I will "follow" you! lol I love your little Marie with the top hat! Hugs Grace oooooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is lovely!!! what a dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That is so great. I'm sure it was fun to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ...please feel free to say hi!