Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Artistic Mother


I recently read about a new book, The Artistic Mother by Shona Cole. And then, of course, I had to search out her blog, (hmmm, the title of her blog is similar to mine, how cool is that?)which led me to a online group on Trudy Callan's blog. This is one of the reasons I'm so in love with blogs and wanted to start one - the information is priceless.

The timing couldn't be more perfect for me to join this group of women with similar goals. Here I am, floundering around in the blogosphere, trying to reinvigorate my love of art, or rather trying to squash down the feeling that if I don't make perfect art, then it is not worth making. On my own, I have been challenging myself to make a little art every day, by participating in swaps and starting an art journal, but this is going to be even better because I will be part of a group of women who are trying to do the same thing together. For me, knowing that other people are keeping tabs and rooting each other on is a big motivator. So, I look forward to getting my book, which Amazon very graciously emailed to tell me is already on its way, and going on a new adventure. Please join me.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you've joined us. While you're waiting for your book to arrive, it would be helpful if you went and read my previous posts about the group so you'll know what's going on, if you haven't already. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my book from Amazon yesterday. I'm so VERY excited, too! I look forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! We're glad you joined the group! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments...I love comments (who doesn't, right?) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ...please feel free to say hi!