Sunday, September 2, 2012

Compendium of Curiosities 2, Challenge 19

Since I just recently started blogging again, I hadn't realized that Studio L3 was doing another Compendium of Curiosities challenge. I happened to run across their post for this week and was so excited, because OF COURSE, I had the kraft resist paper, and (of course) had never once done anything with it other than to look at it. Initially I was going to ink up the papers, and use the Sissix to cut out Tim's Hanging Sign or Hardware Findings and make something from them. But I was working on a canvas at the same time....and needed some collage papers.....and anyway here's how it ended up instead....
 (this was also posted below in Dina's Out of the Journal challenge post)

 
Here's a closer look at the butterfly....
 
 
And now for a picture of the the papers all inked up with distress ink, before tearing and collaging onto the canvas-
 
 
Also, a quick sneaky peeky of an upcoming journal page... my little one was getting all jealous of my gluey fun, so I let her glue down some strips onto a prepared journal page. Looking promising!
 

 
 
Hop on over, look at everyone's work and join in on the fun working through the techniques. I'm planning on trying to do this now that Dina's challenge is over for the month of August.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by ...please feel free to say hi!