Friday, September 28, 2012

Michael deMeng Class Tomorrow

Tomorrow I am taking a class with Michael deMeng! That's the exciting news- the not so exciting news- we are making ventriloquist type heads. Now, originally my plan was to go up to Art-is-You in Connecticut and take the class there where he is making little framed talking heads. Those were kind of cute. But this weekend's workshop is full on ventriloquist type dummies. I had nightmares for YEARS about my Charlie McCarthy doll, so I'm so not into making a doll head based project. Instead, I'm going to try to make a robot. I've been hankering to make an automata type sculpture, so this might just be just the class to get me going. Either way, Michael's classes are always fun- so even if I just sit around watching his demos and eating m&m's, I'll have a good time. Here's SOME of the stuff I'm bringing...

 
 
and a close up....
 
 


3 comments:

  1. OMG, Laura ... look at those gorgeous metals!!!. Beautiful, just like that. Can't wait to see them transformed after the class :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo jealous! I am dying to learn how to do it! Blast this living on a tiny Island lark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great box of goodies... you will have a blast with him! I took his class at AIY last year. This year I'm going to try some others. Enjoy tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by ...please feel free to say hi!